INDICATION FOR KYLEENA
Kyleena® (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) is a hormone-releasing IUD that prevents pregnancy for up to 5 years.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- If you have a pelvic infection, get infections easily, or have certain cancers, don't use Kyleena. Less than 1% of users get a serious pelvic infection called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- If you have persistent pelvic or stomach pain or if Kyleena comes out, tell your healthcare professional (HCP). If Kyleena comes out, use back-up birth control. Kyleena may attach to or go through the uterus and cause other problems.
- Pregnancy while using Kyleena is uncommon but can be life threatening and may result in loss of pregnancy or fertility.
- Ovarian cysts may occur but usually disappear.
- Bleeding and spotting may increase in the first 3 to 6 months and remain irregular. Periods over time usually become shorter, lighter, or may stop.
Kyleena does not protect against HIV or STDs.
Only you and your HCP can decide if Kyleena is right for you. Kyleena is available by prescription only.
For important risk and use information about Kyleena, please see Full Prescribing Information.